Last summer I described the front/rear panel foam protectors that I have
designed for the K3.  I had some dies fabricated for the foam company to
stamp out closed-cell foam protectors for the front and rear panels of the
K3 for transport.  I have them glue 1/16" PVC sheets to the foam so that any
shock is distributed over the entire foam surface with very little impact
transferred to the K3.  Go to www.w0yk.com/k3_foam_protectors.htm and see
how I use these protectors to take two K3s in custom Rose Kopp cases and
three laptops (plus a lot of other stuff like cables, manuals, power
modules, trackballs, cameras, headphones, etc.) as carry-ons in my
International travels.

Note that it is a very different transport strategy than using Pelican or
other hard cases that are more bulky and often only feasible as checked
baggage.  Since TSA came into being and rifles through our luggage without
us being present I've been reluctant to subject my K3s to that routine.
Thus, this carry-on strategy.

In any case, if whatever transport mechanism you use might benefit from
these protectors, I can supply them at $15/set plus shipping.  The USPS
flat-cost medium box shipper is $10.70 which can take two sets anywhere in
CONUS.  I just had another production run made this week and a few extra
sets are available.  If there is more demand, I'll do another run which can
be done with one day turn-around.

Ed - W0YK