Hi Brian

I would also like to know the answer as well.

Its a feature that works well on the Icom PRO radios. You can narrow the TX
bandwidth and produce very penetrating audio without playing around all day
with mic EQ settings. In fact most cheap mics can be made to sound pretty
decent when transmitting through a narrow bandwidth filter. I am surprised that
variable TX bandwidth is not a feature on the K3 yet.

Another feature that works well is the Kenwood High Boost. This feature is
found on the TS870S, TS850S and the TS480. This  high boost can brighten most
microphones without playing with a TX EQ all day.  Its very effective on 75
meters on SSB for cutting through QRN.  It certainly sounds better than the
excessive bass and ESSB audio that people torture your ears with.

ESSB station who call people in the DX window with the excessive bassy audio
should be put up against the wall and shot for torturing other people.

I have found the K3's DSP filter on 1.5KHZ bandwidth to be very effective. We
just need people that  use communications quality audio for this filter
bandwidth. The Heil HC4 and HC5 are fantastic microphones for DX work on the
K3.

John