Brian,

Is that a 3 terminal mic element?  If so, then you can follow the
manufacturer's instructions and apply the 5 volts to the voltage
terminal on the element.
OTOH, most of these elements are 2 terminal, and the voltage should be
applied to the AF pin through a resistor - try 5.6k like the Elecraft
MH2 uses as a first trial, it will likely work because the resistance is
not critical.
If you try to connect the 5 volts directly to the AF terminal, you will
effectively bypass all the audio to ground.  For AC signals, a power
rail is jst the same as ground because there are large bypass capacitors
on the voltage rail.

73,
Don W3FPR