I did the same thing with the 994 with an ALS600.  I would use the tune set
at 10 watts from the K3.  If the SWR wouldn't come down low enough, I
selected a different antenna with my remote antenna switch, retuned and then
switched back to the desired antenna and that would reset the memory and
retune.  Resetting the power would not clear the already stored memory.
This would be a nice feature to have with any remote tuner... to avoid the
cabling which can be a big pain.

73,

Bill
K9YEQ