I have a Singer CE-6 (also known as Gerch or Gurch).  The best sig gen
I have here is an HP8656B with the high accuracy TCXO, followed by a
Kay 0-100 dB step attenuator.  The CE-6 is really a service monitor,
and has a sig gen from 10 MHz through 1.2 GHz.  The HP sig gen goes up
to 990 MHz, but it's a lot more accurate and much easier to calibrate
than the CE-6.

You can get either of these on eBay at fire sale prices.  Caution:
They're both heavy as !...@.

73,
matt W6NIA
K3 #24