I run a single computer for my radio and other use.  I had tried a separate
computer dedicated to the radio, but found it was too much trouble keeping
up with both.  Since my radio operation and computer operation are from the
same location, this works fine.

I run a 21", 1680 x 1050 main monitor.  To the right, with my radio
equipment is a 19", 1440 x 900 unit.  When I run programs for the radio that
stay up for some length of time, I slide them over to the 19" monitor.

While I have the 19" monitor hung in my console without a stand, it takes up
much more space than I would like.  I'd really like a 12" or less monitor at
about 1280 x 720 resolution.  That would take up less than half the area of
the 19".  With all the specialty monitors for automotive DVD players and
other matters, I would hope that a stand-alone 12" or so monitor would be
easy to come by.  Lots of searching has not produced a suitable unit.  I'm
not interested in hacking some specialty monitor to do the job.

If I could move to 12" or maybe a little smaller monitor, I could find the
space to add...oh, say another K3 sized enclosure to my equipment
setup...maybe even two of them...  An 11" wide, including frame (not
diagonal), unit would fill the bill nicely in my case.

73,
Dick - KA5KKT