Thanks Don and everyone else who replied. I'd already figured out it
must be a replacement R50 from looking at the schematics. It's a higher
power unit than the one already in there, so I replaced it w/o even
checking if the one in there was good.

73, Ross N4RP

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”