I think Elecraft would be making a big mistake by going into the amp business
anytime soon. I have a better idea. How about continuing to refine the K3 and
work on getting the P3 Panadapter out. I have been waiting for months to order
a P3. First it was going to be out by the end of 09 and then just after the
first of the year. We are now halfway through Feb and I still don't know how
much it is going to be or when I will be able to get my hands on one. I hope
getting a P3 won't be like getting a K3 when they were first announced. I'm
talking about placing an order and getting it 6-12 months down the road. That
deal made me put off buying a K3 for more than a year, almost two years. I
instead bought a IC756P3 which I still have and love. As it turned out, I'm
glad that I put off ordering my K3 #3494 because of hardware mods etc. I do
love my K3 but I wish everyone would let the Elecraft team finish what they
started before they bombard them with all of
 these brilliant ideas. My restored and updated Drake L-4b & my Ameritron
Al-80B both work great with my K3. There are many great amps on the market to
choose from and how much demand could there be for an amp that cost 10k or
more??? Very little IMO. By the way, this economy is going to be in the toliet
for a long time...food for thought. I'm not a doom and gloomer, just realistic.
73, Tom kd0bcf.