Now that I've been using the K3 for about one year I find CW DX operation to be
even better with the K3.

When first starting out with the K3 I'd preferred using the two VFO approach
with all split operation on CW.  However, now it's clear that the XIT/RIT combo
buttons together with IT tuning does the best trick.  It also seems that
leaving the Split VFO operation exposes me to less chance of operator error
thus transmitting on the DX frequency.....

A DX station who's working split UP or DWN 1, 2 or 5 KHz etc, can be spotted
quickly by using the RIT button to check for the right transmit frequency for
positioning your transmit freq by spoting last worked stations.  In the CWT
mode, with the RIT botton on I tap PITCH for auto zero beat and XIT tracks the
receive frequency exactly.  Then, with a tap on RIT it puts you back on the DX
station while leaving you ready to call on the frequency where worked last.

This is great for the typical CW split operation but on SSB the spread is often
too great thus dual VFO Split is required.

Cool method!

73 and Cheers,

John, W1QS