While at the Orlando Hamcation, I stopped by the Kenwood booth.

The sales dude mentioned that Kenwood would be introducing something
in the "K3 class, as far as performance, but better".

I thought that was wonderful compliment for Elecraft, that they
specifically singled out the K3 as the benchmark.

Who knows if it'll be better, or not.  Radios are so much about the
software anymore, that without outstanding software controlling every
aspect of the radio, the hardware, no matter how good, just won't be
able to make up the difference.  Personally, I'd put my money  on
Elecraft.

He also mentioned that they'd have a "big radio" (presumably
positioned against the FT-9000 / IC-7800) "sometime" in 2011.

Anyway I thought I'd pass that along, FYI as they say.

73,
Steve
NN4X
EL98jh