LS,

Vic gave you good info.  If you want a smoother output from the K2 while
the tuner is tuning (and the input load impedance is varying wildly),
about the only 'solution' I know of is to place an attenuator between
the K2 and the tuner - a 5 or 6 dB attenuator with an adequate power
rating will do.  The attenuator provides a more constant load to the K2
during the process.  Unfortunately, you would have to remove the
attenuator after tuning - perhaps a relay to switch it in and out.

73,
Don W3FPR