From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net]on Behalf Of Vic K2VCO
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 7:30 PM
To: Richard Zwirko
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 in diversity mode

Richard Zwirko wrote:

> However, I kept having one minor annoyance. With the K3 in the diversity
> mode the VFO's are locked so they track the exact same frequency. More
than
> a few times during the contest,  when I used the RIT, I would accidentily
> bump the VFO-B knob. To get VFO-B back to the same frequency required
> tapping the A>B button. Is there any reason why the VFO-B knob could be
not
> be deactivated when the K3 is in the diversity mode? I can think of no
> reason why I'd want to tune VFO-B while in this mode. Deactivating VFO-B
> would prevent it accidentily unlocking the two VFOs.

It sounds to me as if you were not in diversity mode, but rather LINK mode.
If you hold
the SUB button for about a second, it links the vfos so that they will tune
together. But
the frequencies need not be the same. To get diversity mode, hold the SUB
button for a
longer time until you see DVRSTY on the screen. Then you can use VFO B for a
transmit VFO
for split operation.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA