Hi guys,
I recently ordered a K3 and eagerly await it's delivery. You will likely hear
lots more from me as I attempt to get up to speed with it.

I have been reviewing the archives of this group and see that the Yamaha CM500
is highly regarded. I plan to purchase one very soon.

I have the K3 manual open to page 17 (the pdf from Elecraft website). It looks
like the stero headset plug goes into the jack marked "phones', the mic plug
goes into the jack marked "mic" and a foot switch plug goes into the jack
marked "PTT IN"

Now for my question. I have a Heil footswitch and plan to use it for PTT. Is
the configuration I described correct? If not, how is headphone/mic and
footswitch connected?

TIA and 73

de  Paul, NU4C