From: callen1155 <callen1...@yahoo.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 5:13:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Thoughts on internal vs external ATU for K3

Thanks guys for all the info.

I have one other question about the ATU use with two antennas.

Say I have two antennas connected to the ATU , one is a dipole (non
resonant- need the ATU to 'match') and the other antenna is a Hustler BTV6
(which i've just purchase having never used a vertical) which is supposedly
resonant across all it's operating bands. So, i assume I don't really need
to use the ATU 'tune/match' functionality for the Hustler (it's just
providing the connector).

So can i have the ATU 'activated' for the dipole antenna (antenna A) but
non-activated for the hustler (ant B)?  Question would apply to both the K3
and K2 ATU's.

Thanks so much for all the help.
chuck