Hi,

Although I never turn off my AGC (I use headphones and I don't want to lose
my hearing), I agree that the audio amp should not be this fragile. It's
surprising since there are a lot of audio amplifier chips out there that are
virtually indestructible using load line and over temperature protection
circuits. Seems like Elecraft didn't pick the right one.

On a different subject, it seems that TX4T has now gone QRT after a very
successful expedition with their K3s. Hopefully they didn't need the spare
one they wisely brought with them. I finally managed to work them on 15m
today on their last day of operation. It's very encouraging to see the
increasing use of K3s in this kind of operations.

AB2TC - Knut