Tom,

It should be easy to get the nut back on.  Remove the assembly from the
K2 - then attach the nut to the shell with either one of the jackscrews
provided or use a chasiss screw.  Then re-solder the nut onto the shell
- use a large iron tip with a lot of heat mass.  Use more solder than
you did the last time :-) .

Make the DC voltage checks on the board and report back to us if you
have not found the problem.
Let us know what software you have to drive the KIO2 and perhaps we can
make further suggestions.

73,
Don W3FPR