David,

Since there is nothing band or frequency dependent directly associated
with the generation of SSB and the audio in a K2, my first suspect is
that you have an RF Feedback situation on 160 meters.
Does it do the same thing when connected to a dummy load?  If it is
still the same, the feedback path is internal to the K2 and we can help
further, BUT if it is OK on a dummy load, the problem is coming from
your antenna and will have to be fixed in the antenna system.
If you have not grounded the shell of your microphone connector, that
may be a good first step.  The way I do it is to remove the left side
panel and scrape a bit of the slikscreen material from the board right
at the base of the  mic jack - then apply a large tipped soldering iron
to the connector until the mic jack itself melts solder near (but not
at) the iron tip location.  Flow some solder at the junction of the mic
jack and the bared ground spot and it is done.

73,
Don W3FPR