I've modified all my simple resistor+NPN-transistor FSK interfaces to
add a third "line" (another resistor and transistor) that pulls ACC
pin 8 to ground when DTR on the serial port goes high. I've been using
this utility:

http://www.hw-group.com/products/hercules/index_en.html

to flip the DTR bit...

    ~Iain / N6ML