Disposing of the entire "Cantenna" would be an over-reaction.  The
Cantenna can be opened safely, any oil within disposed of, the component
parts rinsed in an approved solvent, and reassembled using mineral oil,
or NON-PCB transformer oil as the coolant.   Use rubber gloves, dispose
of the existing coolant in an approved manner.  Bottle the waste oil and
used solvent it,and take it to a hazardous waste disposal site.  Most
city dumps will have such a facility.    Non-PCB based transformer oils
are  often available at electrical supply houses or perhaps you can find
a friend at the local power company that will give you a "fill-up" for
the asking.

The hazard to you and the environment is minimal with such a
procedure.   PCB based transformer oils, "Askarel" is the trade name for
one such oil, are mildly toxic and must be handled properly, but you
won't die or even get sick from a brief exposure.  If you get any on
your skin, which is unlikely if you use rubber or latex gloves, simply
wash with solvent first then copious quantities of soap and water.  An
approved solvent would be Chevron 325 Thinner, also sometimes known as
"Stoddart" solvent,  or equivalent.

If transformer oils were all that toxic, hundreds or even thousands of
power company employees and communications techs would have tipped over
by now- and that hasn't happened.  PCBs were once commonly used  in high
voltage transformers, high voltage caps, and similar items.   I am not
attempting to say such materials have no hazards,  it's just that such
hazards are often  "hyped" to  levels  that  are not  commensurate with
the real risk.

Back to your regularly scheduled reflector now.

- Jim, KL7CC