I just read posts on USB drivers and have another option someone may prefer.

I have an extra two port PCI serial card made by SGII (major brand).  They
publish drivers for a wide variety of operating systems (I am using XP Home
and Professional, SP3), but you can check their website for Mac, Linux and
other Windows operating systems.  If you don't want to deal with USB-serial
converters, this gives you a good way to connect the K3 and another device.
 I was using this before I came across an 8 port serial card (I actually
have 5 devices connected...don't ask why)  The upshot is that you can have
my SGII card for $10 plus whatever it costs to mail it to you.

Howard
W1WF