Was operating the ARRL CW contest and output on my K2 QRP rig dropped to
zero.  Bummer. Anyway, I took it to the bench and started to check it out
when it began to work.  Put it back together and took it to the operation
position and it failed. I'm thinking a cold solder joint or something.

Tonight I stared signal tracing and found the output of Q6 to be zero under
key down after a few seconds.  I as about to order a new Q6 and it started
working again.  I've been poking around, pushing this component and that
one, hoping to find an intermittent but with no success.

Could Q6 be failing internally--that is the little beastie is going bad not
because of a solder joint (which I have reheated) but because of something
inside?  Is there another component in the driver circuitry or PA that could
be causing this?

I really wanted to use the K2 this weekend for the QRPARCI contest but may
have to rein in my big rig.

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

73 de Clark KE4RQ