Oh yeah, this is already turning out to be heaven for me on my K2 as well. On
my K2 the VFO A and B switches are right next to each other and work a lot
like on the TS-830 with external VFO where I learned about working split.

Basically I just find the DX first. I'll use the lid going "UP LID" on his
TX freq. to find him initially if he's still picking through his pileup and
not transmitting. Hit A=B to set both BFO's to that freq, turn on split then
start scanning up the band with VFO B (using REV). Once I find the station
he's talking to I use spot to center VFO B on him and I'm ready to go.....
I made a few DX contacts during the CQWW contest this way with just my
indoor wire and the K2......

You sure can tell our rigs were made by hardcore CW folks, hi hi....

73,
LS
W5QD