Hi Patrick,

I just finished my kit and ran into the same issue. I pretty much
ignored the colours they specified and went with the markings on the
component instead. Having a good magnifier helps a lot with that though. :)

Enjoy the kit. I got mine finished up last weekend and have had a number
of great QSOs with it. I'm finding I greatly prefer it to the FT-950 for
CW. I only use the other rig when I need a bit more power (i.e. rarely.)
or for digi modes.

Sean - VA5LF