Skip,

I assume the number in the subject line is your K2 serial number (it
would have been good to make an explicit statement).
If that is true, then you have P7 on the control board (a 3 pin header
plug) - K2s below SN 3000 have a switch.
The jumper on P7 must be on the INT setting to read the K2 internal
voltage.  Yes, it will also give you a LO BATT message if the jumper is
on the EXT position.

If you already have the jumper on the INT position, then you have some
problem with the control board voltage sense circuit U3B and its
associated components.

73,
Don W3FPR