After having numerous issues with drivers and listening to suggestions on
website, I found two of my cheapies failed!  They weren't that old but the
chips headed to the poles.  I stepped up to the plate and bought new brand
name chips, the Elecraft with with the prolific chip, and a Keyspan which is
to me the best device out there.

Good luck.

Bill
K9YEQ