This could be pretty handy for us to pass around memory files for 6m
"indicators"
;-)  VY 73, Lance

On 4/7/2010 5:09 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Our PC software engineer, Dick (K6KR--not to be confused with N6KR :)
> has completed the first release of the K3 Frequency Memory Editor. It
> is Windows-only at present, but we hope to provide Mac and Linux
> versions in the future.
>
> This application helps you maintain your K3's frequency memories using
> a spreadsheet-like editor. It handles all regular memories (00-99)
> and, optionally, per-band quick-memories (M1-M4 for each band). Once
> you've sent the data to the K3, you can recall memories using either
> the M>V switch on the K3's front panel, or the editor's "QSY" buttons.
> You can even save sets of memories in PC files and share them with
> other K3 users. This might be useful for setting up multiple K3s for a
> contest, etc.
>
> At present the spreadsheet allows display/edit of VFO A and B
> frequencies and modes, repeater offsets and tones, the 5-character
> memory label, and a larger description field. Unused (blank) memories
> can be hidden or displayed. We'll add more data fields in future
> releases, along with cut/paste capability.
>
> If you're interested in testing this early release of the memory
> editor, please email me directly (n6kr at elecraft dot com). To use
> it, you'll also need to install the latest field-test K3 firmware,
> which I'll send you, along with full instructions and release notes.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT  59834  USA
QTH: DN27UB
TEL: (406) 626-5728   URL: http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj
LIVE MESSENGER CHAT: w...@hotmail.com
2m DXCC #11, 6m DXCC #815

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME email!