Had the same symptoms when SA-1, the surge arrestor on input 1 went out.  There
is an SA-2 on input 2.  Could tune the beam to 1.5:1 but the SWR would jump all
over the place when I transmitted.  It's a through hole part, so it's easy to
replace.  $3.30 at Mouser, part number is 871-N81-A350X.  Buy an extra.
Rob
NV5E