Geo,

First step --
Take the top cover (or KPA100) off and measure the resistance between
the collectors of Q7 and Q8 to ground.
What is the serial number of this K2?  Alternately, how old is it.
My first suspicion is that the PA transistors have gone bad (shorted),
but your resistance measurement will confirm or deny that.

73,
Don W3FPR