After several years of HF inactivity, I unboxed my new K3 last night in my
2nd floor home office in Falls Church, VA.  In the back of my car I found an
8 or 9 foot piece of stranded ground wire from an electric fence project.  I
straightened it out as best I could, though there was still some "circular
polarization" remaining.  I jammed that in the center of the Ant 1 connector
and started tuning around 40 meters.  There were actually QSOs to be heard!
Not only that, I listened to an S8-S9 Ø talking to an HB9 (not moving the
meter but R2 or R3).  This is going to be a sweet radio!

73,
Dennis, N7DH/4