Nidge,

Yes, you can use most any application that will give you a spectrum
display.  Some do not provide the features I constantly use in
Spectrogram, such as the presence of 2 frequency markers that extend
from the top of the display to the bottom, and the ability to place a
third marker as a crosshair anywhere on the display - those plus the
current cursor position give me the use of 4 markers, and the amplitude
display occupies more space on the display than several others I have
tried.  But the real answer is YES, you can use any of them, however Tom
Hammond's "how to use for the K2" documentation only applies to
Spectrogram version 5.

73,
Don W3FPR