Been right down that road. I have the KUSB.

Prolific has a 4/12/2010 dated installer.zip at

http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/files/%5CIO%20Cable%5CPL-2303%5CDrivers%20-%20Generic%5CWindows%5Callinone%5CPL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1210.zip

Prolific drivers for Windows7/64 have been problematic, but the
version prior to this one finally worked for me on Win7/64.  Frankly,
Win7/64 has been cranky to get going on peripherals, though I seem to
have everything working now.  There is a huge collection of fairly
recent threads on this in the archives.

73, Guy.