Hi Franco,
Fully agree Arie's comments, I'm not using an auto Amp. only a manual
one with a Russian tetrode, and only checked on the K3 that the time
delay corresponds to the amp specs and that's all.
With my K3-100, most of the time I'm driving it with 12W and the output
with my amp is ±350W thats cover most of my applications.  At 13W it
engage the KPA100 for higher power needs.
Just set the K3 to the power level you want to use without going over
the specs of your equipment.

Bst 73's
Philippe A65BI

>>> "Arie Kleingeld PA3A" <p...@xs4all.nl> 21-04-2010 11:25 >>>
Franco,

Forget about the ALC.
Up till now I have never used the ALC between my TRX and PA. No need
to.
Just gently set the power of the trx yourself to drive the PA to the
right powerlevel and go.

73
Arie PA3A