I am thinking of using the KCR2 to interface directly with my TS950 Kenwood
RS232 port.

Data for TS950 RS232 port
  1.. 4800 baud
  2.. full duplex
  3.. Synch is START-STOP
  4.. Bit data: 1 start bit, 8 character bits, 2 stopbits
  5.. Parity: NONE
  6.. Signal format: TTL
  7.. FA command present (VFO A frequency)
Questions
1) Can this unit operate with the 950 port directly? If not what type of level
changing circuitry required?

2) Can this unit operate without a PC to get band switching outputs to drive my
antenna switching relay box (they happen to be 12VDC, ~ 200ma)

3) What jumpers are required in the KCR2?

4) I heard there may be a pull-up required for Kenwoods not in the
kit....true/false rumor?

5) Cable diagram not shown. I assume the following interconnection between
TS950 and KCR2
  a..         TS950 TXD TO KCR2 RXD (J2-2)
  b..         TS950 RXD TO KCR2 TXD (J2-3)
  c..         TS950 GND TO KCR2 GND (J2-5)
Thanks in advance

Jay
W2IJ