Hi Everyone,

I'm still learning how to use my K3 and thanks to the help of everyone on this
list, I've been able to sprinkle in a few RTTY contacts with my CW.

A couple of days ago, I was on RTTY and ran into a problem.  I'm pretty sure
(but not 100% certain) I had cranked the power down so it showed about 50W out
on the K3 meter and was yapping away.  I had essentially finished the QSO and
tried to send a couple of farewell characters and the transmitter didn't turn
on.  I looked at the display and saw ERR 12V displayed.  I got out the manual
and read the error could be do to the PA module dropping into bypass mode.  I
power cycled the radio, and tried it in CW...I had about 5 watts out.  I think
adjusted the power control until I had full power again.  So, I have two
questions:

1) Did I overheat the K3 running it in RTTY to cause the ERR 12V to be
displayed?

2) If I overheated the radio, should that have happened with the output at 50w
on the K3 internal meter?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

73,

Derek Cohn
Morse Telegraph Club - Alton Chapter
Office UD, Sine DJ