Why is this not a problem if the regular brick wall filter removes a carrier
outside of its passband but inside the roofing filter's passband? I
understand that if the carrier is strong enough, the HAGC will eventually
kick in, but the DSP main filter is certainly capable of removing
significant interference without ill effects and it's inside the AGC loop.

AB2TC - Knut