The notch is just another DSP filter.  We (the K3) use(s) DSP filters all of
the time that are narrower than the front end filter and that remove signals or
part of signals that should not generate DSP AGC.

In the event the interfering signal is strong enough to overload the second
mixer, then the hardware AGC kicks in.  No different from any other situation.

Wes  N7WS