Don't feel alone, Gil.

I went through the same head-scratching several months ago, when I bought my
PR6.

connection is actually quite simple.

Your 6 m antenna connects to the HF antenna jack on the back of the rig (
ANT-1.)

Connect the 6 m preamp to the "receive only" bnc jacks on the transverter
interface.  connect  12 V power to the preamp using the supplied RCA plug that
goes into the auxiliary 12  RCA-style 12 V jack on the back of the rig, enter
connects to the preamp with the small 3-pin  connector attached with red and
black wires to the RCA plug. Make sure it is oriented properly; the red wire
goes toward the rig and the white wire away from it. The plug is not polarized,
so it is possible to put it in backwards. No harm if you do, but the preamp
won't work.

You have one additional setup question to deal with. Do you want to preamp to
be powered whenever the rig is on, or only when the rig is tuned to the 6 m
band? If "always on" is your preference, your setup is done. If you want the
preamp to be powered only when the rig is tuned to 6 m, then you need to remove
the jumper from J2  (see  instruction manual),  and connect the supplied db-15
connector with one  white wire coming out of it to the AUX
 DB-15 jack on the back of the rig. Go into the config menu  and set DIGOUT1
to "on" with the rig tuned to 6 m, and to make sure that DIGOUT1 is set to
"off" for all other bands. That  configuration will power up the preamp when
you switch the rig to 6 m.

To engage the preamp,  simply tune your  rig to the 6 m band and press the RX
ANT button on the front of the rig,  (near the power button). When you do that,
the K3  will automatically route the receive signal to the RX ANT module,
through the  6 m preamp, and back to the front to end of the K3  receiver.
When you transmit, the  rig  will automatically bypasses the receive  antenna
circuitry, and sends the transmit signal directly out through the ANT-1
connector.

For normal use on 6 m, you don't connect anything to the "outboard" pair of bnc
jacks on the preamp.   those basically exist to provide the receive only
antenna functionality for every band other than 6 m,   since the preamp is
bypassed when the preamp is  powered off.   in this mode, a receive only signal
goes directly from the "outboard" pair of BNC jacks to the "inboard" pair that
are connected to the rig itself.

When you first hook this thing up, it's natural to assume that the 6 m antenna
ought to connect to the 6 m preamp, but it doesn't. The 6 m received signal
simply takes a little detour from  the main antenna input jack through the
preamp, and then back into the receiver. It's like stopping at Starbucks for an
espresso to give yourself a boost before you go on a long trip (through the
receiver).

Hope this helps.

Lew  k6lmp