From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of JohnK1JD
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:02 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 not turning off

Bill
I suspect that Glenn's K3 turns on OK from the front panel switch, like
mine.

Glenn
Much of May 2009 was spent troubleshooting this exact issue with S/N 071:
the inability to power down the K3 from the front panel. Power on is fine. I
performed numerous modifications (including the 12v sense, of course),
diagnostics/measurements, replacement of a surface mount component, and
replaced the FP board twice, all as directed but without resolution.
However, the K3 shuts off using the "PS0;" command from the utility program.
Given that workaround, my decision was to postpone sending it back for
repair to see if a solution appeared over time - maybe something I could do
myself. Our problems may not be identical, but if you're interested please
contact me off reflector for the extensive troubleshooting email thread.

Elecraft support during the troubleshooting phase was excellent, as always,
but some issues defy remote diagnoses. If I were willing to part with the
beloved K3 for factory repair, the problem would have been resolved a long
time ago!

73,
John K1JD