Glad to see you clarified the terminology!     I specificaly said Imperial
and someone started talking about "English"

BA is actually Metric simply because in spite of it's name it was a thread
invented in the 1880's (approx) by Swiss clock makers.
 a easonably fine thread with steep sides in order to give better strength
in thin metal  .  Think about it - it makes sense.

Regreftfully they are very hard to get these days as I have found to my
chagrin in my key building hobby.

British threads per se were BSF,  British Standard fine and Whitworth a
course thread ideal for Cast iron or soft metals.   With minor differences
that has the same thread  pitch as UNC   except for half inch.  But due to a
shaping of the top of the apex they are not always reliably
intercahngeable.   There is more to it but not worth the details on this
forum.

  David VK3DBD/G3SCD.