Paul, the K2 internal tuner is a wide-range device and should be able to
match the 43 ft vertical from 10 thru 80 unless you happen to pick an
unfortunate length of feedline.  The impedance seen by the tuner will depend
on the feedline length.

All of the available 43 ft verticals should work equally well electrically.
Their mechanical construction and subsequent ruggedness will vary as will
their ease of assembly and erection.  I just use a 43 ft piece of AWG 12
wire suspended from a lightweight fiberglas Spiderbeam pole, and it works
fine.  Total cost should be less than $150, mostly for the pole. It cannot
be emphasized highly enough that the performance of any of these antennas
will depend almost entirely on the radial system used.  Try for at least 32
radials, each as long as your space permits up to 65 ft or so.

Other than the radials, the next best thing you can do to improve
performance is to use a remote tuner at the base.  This will eliminate most
of the feedline losses you will incur when using the K2 internal tuner.  I
use a CG-3000, and it is "okay".  I would dearly love for Elecraft to offer
a remote tuner, however!!    Are you listening, Aptos  ;>)   ?

73   Craig   AC0DS