Gentleman,

My promised temperature rise measurements will have to be delayed a
bit.  This XV50 has a bad power output module and I will have to wait
for one to be sent from Watsonville.  Later next week, I will have the data.

BTW - Mitsubishi in their notes at the end of the data sheet suggest
that the module case temperature should be limited to 60 deg/C - but
that is "too hot to touch" (140 deg/F), so the "excessively hot"
criteria may actually be well within the limits of tolerance - I would
not want to hold my hand very long on a surface that is at 60 deg/C.
Also, I do agree that other components can be affected by the
temperature rise, but most are spec-ed at 60 deg/C, so in reality, there
may be no problem, just a "discomfort zone" - details after the new
module arrives.

73,
Don W3FPR