I had a whole raft of intermittent error messages to do with the SPI bus
which was driving me nuts. Most of my K3 modules were not being recognised
at some time or other.
There is a modification to improve the supply rail decoupling on the bus
which would appear to have cured my K3's ills in that department.

Send a mail to Elecraft support.

73
Stewart G3RXQ