All,

I just acquired a (new to me) K2/100. It is a phenomenal
little radio.

The manual is not the clearest I have seen, so I do have a
few questions.

1) When I tune in a CW station and narrow the CW filter
with XFIL switch, I need to re-tune the radio to recenter
the signal. Is this an issue with the alignment,
or are there other settings that may be in play ?

2) Memories. How does one toggle between the memories and
the VFOs ? I would like to load the 60M frequencies in the
memories and be able to toggle back to the VFOs for general
operation.

3) VFO Mode track. When changing the VFO from A - B, the
mode does not change. In other words, if I have CW mode on
VFO A, and I swap to VFO B, the modes remains CW until I
manually change it to SSB. If I change the VFO back to VFO
A, the mode will stay SSB and does not return to CW as was
first entered. Is this normal for this rig ?

4) I understand that there is a preferred replacement for
the main tuning knob from Kenwood ?   Can someone point me
in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance

73
Gene K1NR