Hi everyone,
As a recent purchaser of a factory built K3/100 with the lot (except for the
second receiver) I'd first of all like to thank the folk at Elecraft and in
particular Wayne and Eric for making this wonderful radio.
I have used it for a little bit on HF but it's mainly been on 6 & 2M here with
fantastic results!

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask, but has there been any
consideration given to creating an internal  70cm band transverter ala K144XV?

I know that the main focus of the radio is for HF operation (which it does
admirably) but having experienced the internal 2M transverter performance I
cant help but wonder if there has ever been an internal 70cm option floated.

Whilst some of the good folk on this reflector may eschew the 'band in a box'
idea, for someone like me who operates predominately portable it does indeed
make sense to go down that route.
The less external cables and things I have to go wrong or get lost / misplaced
the better. :-)

Thanks for your time,

Jeff Cochrane
VK4BOF