David,

Is this a new KPA100 from Elecraft, or did you purchase the kit from a
previous owner.
What I am getting at is -- do you have the latest T/R switch components
installed in this KPA100?
Blue toroid cores at RFC1 and L16.  If the toroid core at L16 is red,
you have the older T/R switch design, and it is susceptible to a
parasitic oscillation above the 40 meter band.  The KPA100UPKIT is the
cure should you have the lower level KPA100.

73,
Don W3FPR