Theoretically FSK should be cleaner than AFSK.  With the latter you can
get the following spurious signals:

- Incompletely-suppressed carrier
- Unwanted sideband
- Audio harmonics of the AFSK tones

None of those unwanted signals occur with true FSK.

With either FSK or AFSK you can get switching transients when
transitioning from one frequency to the other.  If you just use two
free-running oscillators, there will be horrible transients as you
switch from one to the other.  The K3 apparently uses phase-continuous
switching, which eliminates that problem.  However you really should
transition gradually from one frequency to the other to limit the
transmitted bandwidth.  I believe the K3 addresses that problem by
running the FSK signal through the 2.7 kHz crystal filter.

Al N1AL