Regarding the WKYC, Cleveland TV transmitter:

I can see the WKYC tower from my front window, about 2 miles from my QTH.  WKYC
ended digital channel 2 transmission on June 12, 2009.  I was standing next to
the digital channel 2 transmitter when they pulled the big switch.  Until then,
because of my proximity to their tower, most of 6 meters was hash.  They had an
interim 10kw ERP on RF channel 2.  With the sunset of analog TV, WKYC moved to
RF channel 15, and 6 meters was quieter that it had been for several years at
my home.

There are a few digital RF channel 2 transmitters still operating, and anyone
within several miles of them will have some hash on the upper end of 6 meters.
Even though the out of band digital hash needs to be down some 80 db, 80 db
down from 10kw ERP from an antenna 1000 feet above average terrain is still
plenty of signal to wipe out weak signals on 6.

73
Ted  W8IXY