I found a metal cover made to do just that.  It was at a marine store
and is used to keep unused jacks from getting  corrosion  in salt
air.  At least, I think that is what it is for.  It has a gasket, and
a small chain and ring that can be placed under a cabinet screw or
removed.  I got mine for my K2, since I don't have any need for the
mic jack.  The K2 didn't have a mic label, which, unfortunately, the
K3 does. :-)

73,

Rick Dettinger     K7MW