On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:27:39 -0700 (PDT), pd0psb <sailor...@hotmail.com> wrote:

In line...

>Ah, okay Mike, I missed that this was already "universally rejected" by
>everybody...
>
>I assumed TenTec and Yeasu tried to implement this for a good reason, but
>weren't succesfull, and I had the illusion Elecraft could be the first to
>come up with a good solution.
>
>But ofcourse I won't stand up to a universally rejected idea.
>
>73'
>Paul
>PD0PSB

Actually the keys are arranged according to the percentage of occurrence of each
key in text communications, books etc. so that the most used letters were the
easiest to reach.

If you wish to continue this discussion with me please, let's do it through
private emails, not on the reflector.

>>Paul,
>
>>The QWERTY arrangement of keys on a keyboard was implemented in early
>>typewriter days to slow typists down, so they wouldn't jam the type bars
>>together. There have been schemes proposed since those days to
>>re-arrange the keys for greater efficiency/speed, and those proposals
>>have met with universal rejection.
>
>>The point is, that no matter what the advantage, you're just not going
>>to change some things.
>
>>73, Mike NF4L

Tom, N5GE
Licensed since 1976