On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:13:40 -0700 (PDT), K3PIN <k3...@verizon.net> wrote:

Upgrading firmware cannot disable your audio to the speakers.

I suspect the other posters are correct in their diagnosis of the speaker
malfunction.

I'm curious.  What did Elecraft tell you when you called them?

If you called them or emailed them today, they may not be there, since it's
fathers day weekend.

Tom, N5GE
Licensed since 1976
QCWA Life Member 35102